cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lucifer999
Level 2

Silent installation reboot trouble

Hi All,
I have a installscript type installer project, where I am running the setup in silent mode installation. I have packaged files like .dll, .exe, etc..
When i execute the installation in silent mode, if there is a file is locked by any process which is supposed to get deployed by the installation, it calls the SdFinishEx method which in turn calls the reboot method and the installer goes for reboot. Now say I am running the installation using the below command:
setup.exe /s /f1"c:\temp\IssWithOutSilent.iss"
As the command suggests I am running the installation using a response file which does not have the input for the reboot prompt. So the installation goes to an abort sequesnce and the installation is aborted.
Again, if I execute the installation using the below command:
setup.exe /s /f1"c:\temp\IssWithSilent.iss"
and any of the files are not locked then the installation aborts, since the response file does not have response to the non reboot prompt.

Please help me and let me know the recommended way to handle the scenario.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
Lucifer999
Level 2

Lucifer999 wrote:
Hi All,
I have a installscript type installer project, where I am running the setup in silent mode installation. I have packaged files like .dll, .exe, etc..
When i execute the installation in silent mode, if there is a file is locked by any process which is supposed to get deployed by the installation, it calls the SdFinishEx method which in turn calls the reboot method and the installer goes for reboot. Now say I am running the installation using the below command:
setup.exe /s /f1"c:\temp\IssWithOutSilent.iss"
As the command suggests I am running the installation using a response file which does not have the input for the reboot prompt. So the installation goes to an abort sequesnce and the installation is aborted.
Again, if I execute the installation using the below command:
setup.exe /s /f1"c:\temp\IssWithSilent.iss"
and any of the files are not locked then the installation aborts, since the response file does not have response to the non reboot prompt.

Please help me and let me know the recommended way to handle the scenario.

Follow up question:
is there a way to detect which process is locking a file from InstallScript?
0 Kudos