cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shahar_e
Level 3

Silent installation not working

When I run my installation as a regualr installation all runs good without any errors or message boxes.
When I run in silent installation using the follwoing command line:
setup.exe /s /v"/qn /L*v c:\log.txt"
The installation doesn't install at all while it previously installed this way and I don't know what changed excatly.

Attached is the log file.

I'd appreciate any help on this.

Thanks
Shahar
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
Shekar
Level 7

Have you tried using a default setup.rul in your project to see if this behavior still occurs? is this issue specific to any one machine?
0 Kudos
DLee65
Level 13

Shahar,

I looked through the log and there are no obvious errors. I am sure you have done the google searches. The only thing I came up with was a similar instance like yours:

http://www.appdeploy.com/messageboards/tm.asp?m=31522&mpage=1&key=笢

-> it is a small app, so have not spent too much time on it. turned out that issue may have been policy/permission related & company had a work around. laying to rest now as it has successfully deployed in testing.
0 Kudos
Barbara
Level 7

Are there some CustomActions executed only in the user sequence and not in the execute sequence which e.g. are doing some stuff needed in the execute sequence?

Barbara
0 Kudos
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

This appears to be a traditional InstallScript MSI project based on the attached log. In order to run this type of project silently, you must first create a response file by running setup.exe /r. The response file (setup.iss) then needs to be placed in the same folder as setup.exe (or its path must be specified with /f1) and then the setup can be launched silently with setup.exe /s.

Note that the silent command line specified in the original post only applies to Basic MSI projects.
0 Kudos