cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
devjrlive
Level 2

Silent install not working

I am installing exe in silent mode, I recorded the installation using /r but when recording it is not registering the finish dialog box, i.e in the end of installation there is finish box, and we hve to click finish, that is not recorded in setup.iss file. due to this when i run installer in silent mode it install completly but shows final "instllation complete, click finish" dialog box even in silent mode. Any help on this?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
Tegannorman
Level 2

When recording an installation in silent mode using the /r option, the finish dialog box may not be captured in the setup.iss file. This is because the finish dialog box is typically handled by the installer's user interface and may not be considered as part of the silent installation process.

To handle this situation, you can try adding additional command-line parameters to your installation command to bypass or automatically close the finish dialog box. These parameters can vary depending on the installer technology being used. Some common parameters include /SILENT, /VERYSILENT, /QUIET, or /NORESTART. Refer to the documentation or support resources for the specific installer you are working with to find the appropriate parameters.

If the installer does not provide an explicit parameter to bypass the finish dialog box, you may need to explore scripting options or automation tools to simulate the click on the finish button programmatically. This can be achieved using scripting languages like PowerShell or by using automation frameworks such as AutoIt or AutoHotkey.

It is important to note that automating or bypassing the finish dialog box should be done carefully, as it may impact the proper completion of the installation process or any required post-installation steps.   UPSer

0 Kudos