cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
james_w
Level 3

Sign MSI with Azure Trusted Signing Cloud HSM

Hi

We are trying to follow the industry standard by signing our installer (exe), msi and files within the installer. We used to be able to do this with Installshield Pro under the releases tab / signing using a PFX file. As this is no longer an accepted industry approved way to sign files, we moved to a cloud HSM backed certificate - Azure Trusted Signing. We have signed all our files using Devops Pipeline, then we turn to Installshield... There is no option to use Cloud signing effectively making industry standard signing not possible. I have worked around this by using Devops pipeline to sign the installer exe once it is built. This however does not solve the problem of signing the MSI within the installer, which I could once do with the PFX file. 

Can someone please advise if Installshield Pro (2023 R2) can sign the MSI file or does Installshield no longer sign installers? I read other use Premier feature build events, but that is a work around and not actually Installshield signing anything.

Thank you in advance!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(0) Replies