cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cbarlow
Level 7

Show/Hide a control in a custom dialog during install

I've created a custom dialog in my InstallScript project and I'm trying to figure out how to show/hide a control (edit box) based on the selection of radio buttons in the same dialog. There may be a knowledge base article explaining how this is done, but now that everything has moved to Acresso, I can't access the articles anymore. 😞 I've been reading about the ControlCondition table and it sounds like I need to edit this in order to change the visibility property of my control during installation. Is this correct? If so, how do I do it and what code do I need in my Install script? I'm still fairly new to InstallShield, so if anyone could provide some useful instructions that would be great.

Thanks!

Clark
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

For IntsallScript, please see [thread=179248]this recent thread[/thread]. The ControlCondition and related tables are used only in Basic MSI projects.
0 Kudos
cbarlow
Level 7

Right, I can disable the controls just fine, but what I would really like to do is work with the visibility of the control. Is there any way to change the value of the visibility property within the install script?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

Oh, right, I believe it would be similar, with calls to EnableWindow replaced with ShowWindow.
0 Kudos