Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CASERIS
Level 3

Setup Prerequiste automatic reboot

Hello,
i have the following problem:
We have one prerequiste which is installed before feature selection (Microsoft Visual 2010 Redistributable) and one prerequiste which is only installed, when a featureis selected. (own created)
The behaviour settings for both prerequistes are the same.
Actually i have set the boot behaviour setting to "Ask whether to continue the setup" and "Reboot the machine and resume on reboot"

Now the problem is, that when installing the prerequistes, the prerequiste reboots the machine without asking the user!
I have tried several options in the behaviour tab but i have not found the right setting to ask for a reboot and not automatically reboot the machine.
Which setting in the behaviour tab must i set ?

Is it possible to postpone the reboot at the end of the main installation ?
The prerequiste reboot should be done, when the user agress to this at the end of the main installation.

The fatal thing is, that the setups do automatic reboots on server machines without prompting.

Many thanks in advance.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
CASERIS
Level 3

N0body can answer this... ???

CASERIS wrote:
Hello,
i have the following problem:
We have one prerequiste which is installed before feature selection (Microsoft Visual 2010 Redistributable) and one prerequiste which is only installed, when a featureis selected. (own created)
The behaviour settings for both prerequistes are the same.
Actually i have set the boot behaviour setting to "Ask whether to continue the setup" and "Reboot the machine and resume on reboot"

Now the problem is, that when installing the prerequistes, the prerequiste reboots the machine without asking the user!
I have tried several options in the behaviour tab but i have not found the right setting to ask for a reboot and not automatically reboot the machine.
Which setting in the behaviour tab must i set ?

Is it possible to postpone the reboot at the end of the main installation ?
The prerequiste reboot should be done, when the user agress to this at the end of the main installation.

The fatal thing is, that the setups do automatic reboots on server machines without prompting.

Many thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
CASERIS
Level 3

No Ideas ???
0 Kudos