cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jkerr01
Level 2

Setup /L ignored when running installer from CD

This is something that worked fine in Installshield 11 and now doesn't with 2008.
I have an Installscript project with multiple languages and I use a separate program to select a language and then launch setup.exe with the appropriate /L option. I don't want to use the built-in language selection dialog (the reasons are rather convoluted). From my hard drive everything works fine. But after burning to a CD the setup.exe always uses the default language. For testing I created a setup shortcut that points to the CD and tried different command line options and /L never works (but something like /R will).

Any info would be appreciated, thanks.

Jeff
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
charlieantao
Level 6

May not be related, but see this post: http://community.macrovision.com/showthread.php?t=172042
0 Kudos
confus
Level 3

I have the same problem.
/L parameter is ignored when I run setup.exe from CD.
I use InstallScript installation type.
Any help needed.
0 Kudos
bisps1
Level 2

Hi all,

I, too, is having the same problem.

If executed from the CD-ROM, the /L language option is ignored and the language dialog is always shown, using the default language selected in the Release option "Default Language".
If I copy the files from the CD-ROM to a harddisk location, the /L option is honored, the language dialog is not shown, and the interface uses the language specified on the /L option.

I've tried the following:

- I've tried the Release's "Languages Dialog" option set to Yes and No. Same problem.
- Off the harddisk, I also set the containing folder and all files within to read-only, to simulate a CD-ROM but it runs OK (/L is honored).
- Copied the same files to the 😧 drive which is also a harddisk and /L is honored.
- Out of curiosity, I also ran the sames files from a USB key and the problem occurs.

So the problem seems to be related to setup being ran from a removable media.

It'd be nice to have some feedback from Macrovision on this...
0 Kudos