Did you mean: 
Videstra
Level 7

Setting and Getting Custom Dialog Checkbox Properties

I have created a custom dialog box

• I put two Checkboxes in it
  • One has a property of INSTALLPGMA
  • One has a property of INSTALLPGMB

In the Behavior and Logic -> Property Manager both properties exist (INSTALLPGMA and INSTALLPGMB). Both are set to 0 (Zero)

My problem is that no matter what I set these properties to in the Property Manager the checkboxes remain checked by default. I tried setting the value in the dialog to 0 - but the value setting appears to not do anything.

Q: How to I make sure they are unchecked by default?

Next problem: When I leave the boxes checked the values returned in SESSION.PROPERTY("INSTALLPGMA") and SESSION.PROPERTY("INSTALLPGMA") are what they are set in the Property Manager. If I uncheck them then they are both EMPTY. This behavior is very very odd.

Q: How do I get the SESSION.PROPERTY to return 0 for unchecked and 1 when they are checked?

🙂 Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
GarrettDyer
Level 5

This is the way I've done it, which works, but may not be the optimal way (what do I know). I go with a blank value to represent unchecked, and a value of "1" to represent checked.

destek wrote:
How to I make sure they are unchecked by default?

In the Property Manager, delete/remove the value of the checkbox Property.
In the Dialog, the Value attribute of your checkbox object should be set it to "1".
0 Kudos
Videstra
Level 7

Thanks - ugly but doable I guess. Seems like this functionality was never well thought out.
0 Kudos