cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Christoph
Level 8

Setting RadioButtonGroup prop via system search

I've a dialog where I created a RadioButtonGroup. The property SUM_ROLE is linked to it. This property is automatically added within the property list. In this RadioButtonGroup I've created 2 radiobuttons. The first one with Value '0' and the second one with Value '1'.

For setting the default selected radiobutton, I want to rely on a registry entry. I search on the registry name value "Main" in the registry key HKLM\Software\\Setup. This name value "Main" can have a DWORD value of 0 or 1.

I've defined a systemsearch that stores the value of this Name entry within the property SUM_ROLE.

I thaught that this should be ok, however... no radiobutton is selected by default when I do this.

Removing this system search and changing the value of the SUM_ROLE prop to 0 or 1 selects the correct radiobutton.

Any idea what is going wrong here? Is the DWORD value wrongly interpreted? Do I need to remove the SUM_ROLE prop out of the property list before adding the system search....?

Regards,
Christoph
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
Christoph
Level 8

I found the problem... so maybe it is usefull to post here the solution.
The problem is that using system search to read out DWORD values, add a '#' sign in front of the value... such like '#1'. (see reglocator table help)

When I set the value of the corresponding radiobuttons to '#0' and '#1'... it selects the corresponding radiobutton.
0 Kudos