cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TimStVCS
Level 7

Setting Directory Permissions

Hello, I have an installer which creates a directory and a few subdirectories. The directory that is created I have set to INSTALLDIR - this is a basic MSI project. My question is, I have on an infrequent basis had reports of Error# 1603 which turns out to be " The SYSTEM account does not have Full Control permissions on the folder that you are trying to install the Windows Installer package to".

I have read the on-line help for the SetObjectPermissions InstallScript function but am having a hard time figuring out the correct option or combination of options that equal assigning Full Control?

I would appreciate any help!

Tim
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
ITI_Randy
Level 6

In the InstallShield IDE, Files and Folders view, select the folder, right-click and get properties, click the "Permissions" button and set the permissions for the folder.
0 Kudos
ZygoCorp
Level 6

I don't see a permissions buitton anywhere. I'm in an installscript project, looking at the IS IDE Files and Folders screen. when I right click on amy foler or file on the desrination computer, there is a peroperties button, but there is no permissions button/tab on the properties information.
0 Kudos
TimStVCS
Level 7

You won't see this button in a straight InstallScript project. My project type was Basic MSI which you would see this button. You will have to use InstallScript to set the permissions.

Tim
0 Kudos