cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jayakumarn
Level 5

Sending values to the application from setup wizard

:confused: Hi All,
I have chosen Install shield 2009 for my project .Still I am having some queries with the install shield.I have used multilanguage option with install shield.If the user selects any language eg:FRENCH i want to know in application startup for a first time which language he selects.... Because i want to localize the application according to the language he/she selects?????

Please suggest me!

Regards,
Jayakumar Natarajan
:cool:
Ever Tried Ever Failed No Matter, Try Again Fail Again Fail Better.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

For display text, you might look into using string table entries, which automatically display text associated with the selected language.

For other items where you need to know the selected language, there's the ProductLanguage property in MSI (and SELECTED_LANGUAGE in InstallScript).
0 Kudos
jayakumarn
Level 5

Hi,
so we can use Product language property to get the language selected by user in setup wizard !! Right?
IF so how can we get the values stored in product language propety from the application!!!

Regards,
Jayakumar Natarajan

Ever Tried Ever Failed No Matter,Try Again Fail Again Fail Better.
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

For a first try, perhaps have your application call MsiGetProductInfo with the INSTALLPROPERTY_LANGUAGE constant?
0 Kudos
jayakumarn
Level 5

Hi,
I don't know how to use this where i want to code . I have done my project in c#. can you please show me some example for using MsiGetProductInfo with INSTALLPROPERTY_LANGUAGE ..
:confused:
Regards,
Jayakumar Natarajan
Ever tried Ever Failed No Matter,Try Again Fail Again,Fail Better.
0 Kudos