cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ranjit_Kumar
Level 6

Self healing

Hi All,

i have few doubts. If any one knows then please reply to it.

1. Suppose i installed a software in which some of the registries belong s to current user. And the installed software doesnt consist of any shortcut.

Now let us assume another user logged in, As shortcut is not available for the application, when does self healing will trigger. Whether during user login or only when the user launch the application first time.

But in my scenerio as shortcut is not available user cannot launch it. so when self healing takes place.

2. What is the use installlevel property?

3. What is component isolation?

4. Suppose i have a patch and an msi. Is it possible to merge both? If So how to do?

5. What are ICE errors?

6. Suppose a component is shared by two features. So what is the attribute value for the shared component?

7. How to install services in an MSI?

8. How to install a dll using command prompt?

Thanks in Anticipation
Balu
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
Ranjit_Kumar
Level 6

If any one knows then please do reply!!!!
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

Most of these topics are covered in the MSI help library and the InstallShield help library; the Index tab of the help library should be of use, and the Search tab if not.

For the last question, it depends what you mean by "install"---copy the DLL? Register it?
0 Kudos
Ranjit_Kumar
Level 6

Many thanks for your reply.

Can u please let me know the command line for
1. Installing the dll
2. Registering the dll
3. Copying the dll
4. Registering the COM Component
0 Kudos
cbragg
Level 7

As Robert says, there are many vague open ended questions there that would take hours and pages of text to explain as they are fundamental installer questions. Please refer to the help file robert pointed you to and MSDN help library, this should explain it all for you.

I'll be happy to help if you have any specific issues. Good luck 🙂
0 Kudos