cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gmpace
Level 3

SelectionPath event from SelectionTree control

I have a Basic MSI project using a SelectionTree control on the CustomSetup dialog.

During the initial installation, the install Location path for each Feature is displayed correctly as each Feature is selected. Also the Feature's description and size are displayed elsewhere on the dialog. So far, so good.

But on a Maintenace install (selecting the Modify option), the Location for each Feature is NOT displayed (whether the Feature has been previous installed or not). The description and the size fields continue to display fine during a Maintenance install. Only the Location field is blank.

I'm looking for a clue as to what may be causing this behaviour. The Location text field subscribes to the SelectionPath event and, as mentioned, displays correctly during the initial install.There are no conditions on the Location field. All of the Feature's install locations are set to Public variables.

Any help would be appriciated.

Thanks,

Gary
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
gmpace
Level 3

After investigating more, found that changing Feature destinations from [INSTALLDIR] to a different public property allowed the correct behavior in the SelectionTree. Still not sure why the SelectionPath was not publishing correctly when Feature destinations were set to [INSTALLDIR]. There must be interal workings in the SelectionTree control for which I'm not able to find documentation.
0 Kudos