cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
karthic
Level 4

Selection tree control event not working in windows installer 2.0

Hi everybody!

We are creating an Basic MSI installer that needs to support vairous OS starting from windows 2000.
In the custom setup screen, for every user selection/deselection in the feature tree, the total disk size required is calculated and displayed in the custom setup screen itself.

This is working fine in windows 2003 OS onwards, But in windows 2000 server(ie windows installer 2.0) does not support the tree control event actions. Is there any way to resolve this issue.

The ultimate aim is to display the total disk size required for selected features in the Custom setup screen. Since size calculation operation is done in the doAction of the Selection tree event, in windows installer 2.0 selection tree event is not supported as per the link http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa371604{vs.85}.aspx. since windows installer 2.0 will not call the Custom action that are in the Control Event table of the selection tree, acquiring the state of the feature in the Custom setup screen is not possible this way.

Please write your suggestions/solutions on the above issue.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
karthic
Level 4

karthic wrote:
Hi everybody!

We are creating an Basic MSI installer that needs to support vairous OS starting from windows 2000.
In the custom setup screen, for every user selection/deselection in the feature tree, the total disk size required is calculated and displayed in the custom setup screen itself.

This is working fine in windows 2003 OS onwards, But in windows 2000 server(ie windows installer 2.0) does not support the tree control event actions. Is there any way to resolve this issue.

The ultimate aim is to display the total disk size required for selected features in the Custom setup screen. Since size calculation operation is done in the doAction of the Selection tree event, in windows installer 2.0 selection tree event is not supported as per the link http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa371604{vs.85}.aspx. since windows installer 2.0 will not call the Custom action that are in the Control Event table of the selection tree, acquiring the state of the feature in the Custom setup screen is not possible this way.

Please write your suggestions/solutions on the above issue.

I am analysing to solve this problem in two different ways
1. If there is a control event that will be called on click of mouse button or which will be called periodically
2. i am trying to create a new thread and get the control id of the tree event of the custom setup screen and get the feature state.

The second method i am looking into may have this problem. since i am creating a thread that is independent of the MSI/Installer, after calculating the size it may not be able to set the total size back to the installer.

Is there any way to set the size back to the installer plz let me know about this or is the first method is possible to implement?

Thanks in advance!!
0 Kudos