cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Matronix
Level 6

SUPPORTDIR returning wrong path

I have files being put in place by the install in the Support Files (Language Independent) section and for some odd reason on some machines the SUPPORTDIR variable is returning a different directory than the files are being put in. Anyone have a clue why this is happenening or how to fix it?

Seems to be there are multiple profiles on the machine this is installing on and the files are being installed under one profile and the SUPPORTDIR is returning the value from another profile's directories.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

If this is an InstallScript MSI project, and you mean the SUPPORTDIR script variable, this is a known change between InstallShield 11.5 and InstallShield 12. Use MsiGetProperty to read the SUPPORTDIR property instead. See the migration document in the InstallShield 12 community for more details.
0 Kudos
Matronix
Level 6

try      
MsiGetProperty( hMSI, "SUPPORTDIR", strSupportDir, numSize );
catch
SprintfBox( WARNING,"Error", "MsiGetProperty(SUPPORTDIR) failed with error %s", FormatMessage( Err.Number ) );
return -1;
endcatch;

That is what I am using to get the value currently. Yet it returns a value for the supportdir that is not the same as where the files are located.
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

I'm not quite sure how the multiple profiles figure in. Are you manually loading profiles? Does the SUPPORTDIR property change between various locations as you do this, or even just at all (see a verbose log)?
0 Kudos