cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Waterdog66
Level 3

SQL Text Replacement not Working at All

I am trying to get the Text Subsitutions working with SQL Scripts and nothing is working. First I tried using 'TextSubSetValue' to define a global that I set from script and used in the SQL Text Substitution. (No Luck)

Then I tried just entering static text into the "Replace With" and still no luck. I know that my search string is correct because I can paste it into the search window in the Script tab and if finds it. (Still No Luck)

Anyone else able to get this to work?

I am running IS2010 Pro under Windows 7.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
hidenori
Level 17

Did you check out this thread?
0 Kudos
Waterdog66
Level 3

hidenori wrote:
Did you check out this thread?

Yes, I did. I am sure am using the Angle Brackets in the substitution. I tried factoring the complexity away and just used fixed strings for replacement with no luck.

I am using InstallScript (No MSI) so this seems to be the correct way to go. (Using the String Replacement Feature)
0 Kudos
hidenori
Level 17

Can you try a new InstallScript project with a very simple SQL script like this?

CREATE DATABASE %DBNAME%
GO

Add the following SQL Text Replacement, and see if the Hello database is created on the target server.

Find What: %DBNAME%
Replace With: Hello
0 Kudos
Waterdog66
Level 3

hidenori wrote:
Can you try a new InstallScript project with a very simple SQL script like this?

CREATE DATABASE %DBNAME%
GO

Add the following SQL Text Replacement, and see if the Hello database is created on the target server.

Thanks, for the reply and it appears to be working now. (Your sample worked also)

I time crunched at the moment but it seems that the substitutions started working when I set my SQL Scripts to execute in Batch Mode. (They were installing with the DB Component before) I don't have dependencies between my scripts so Batch Mode did not seem necessary. (Until now)

I will try some more stuff out later and try to diagnose and will update the thread with what I find.
0 Kudos
operaza
Level 4

Hello,
Is there a way to use a variable in installscript projects so the text substitution happen based on a custom value set a run time?
Thanks

hidenori wrote:

CREATE DATABASE %DBNAME%
GO

0 Kudos
operaza
Level 4

operaza wrote:
Hello,
Is there a way to use a variable in installscript projects so the text substitution happen based on a custom value set a run time?
Thanks

I was missing the % %, it worked by using:
1- the %variable% in the script (sql script tab)
2- in the script text replacement tab find what: %variable%
replace with:
3- Calling the function TextSubSetValue ( "", "Now it Works", TRUE )
0 Kudos