cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
theDanster
Level 3

SQL Server Express Parameters

How can I set an installation paramater for the SQLServer express 2005 redistributable? I need to set the option SQLAccount to LocalSystem.

Thank you.

DAN
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(8) Replies
hidenori
Level 17

Please refer to Microsoft's online help topic, How to: Install SQL Server 2005 from the Command Prompt.
0 Kudos
theDanster
Level 3

Thank you for the reply.

How / where can I set the command line paramters. Forgive me for my ignorance on the ISExpress capabilities.

DAN
0 Kudos
hidenori
Level 17

The Setup Prerequisite Editor is not available in the Express edition. You need to upgrade to the Professional or Premier edition in order to modify setup prerequisites.
0 Kudos
WindChaser
Level 4

The command line must include :

SQLAccount=<NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM>

where I presume that the < and => mean quote unquote. Scripting is not my forte. However you do need quotes. And this will only work for systems with English locales. For other locales, see Books Online or ms-help://MS.SQLCC.v9/MS.SQLSVR.v9.en/instsql9/html/309b9dac-0b3a-4617-85ef-c4519ce9d014.htm .
0 Kudos
theDanster
Level 3

Thanks for your reply. It is too bad I cannot change a prereq's command line. In fact, I do not know what the command line is for this item. It may be doing something on its own that is causing my problem.
I do not seem to have the issue I am having when I install SQLExpress 2005 outside of my installer.

Is there any way to see what is being called?

DAN
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

To see which, if any, command-line parameters are being passed to a prerequisite: In the Redistributables view, select the setup prerequisite. Then read the Details pane on the right. (The Details pane is probably hidden by default. You may need to "unhide" it by clicking the Show Details hyperlink in the upper-right corner of this view.)

The Details pane has two settings that show command-line parameters that are configured for the prerequisite:

• Command line for the application
  • Command line for the application when setup is run in silent mode

I believe that the first one is used if your main installation is run with the user interface. The second one is used if your main installation is run silently (with /s).
0 Kudos
sandeep_madhu14
Level 6

hidenori wrote:
The Setup Prerequisite Editor is not available in the Express edition. You need to upgrade to the Professional or Premier edition in order to modify setup prerequisites.

Hi,
Can you describe abt silent installation of sqlserver2005.Is there are any commandline parameters to perform silent installation of 2005.
Thanks
Madhu
0 Kudos
hidenori
Level 17

Please check out How to: Install SQL Server 2005 from the Command Prompt in the SQL Server 2005 Books Online.
0 Kudos