Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
keystone
Level 3

SQL Server Compact 3.5 SP1 Redistributable

Dear All,

I've just built an installer for my Windows CE Application, which uses the
Compact Framework 3.5 and SQL Server Compact 3.5.

My application currently throws an exception when deployed using my Installer because it is missing the SqlCeCa35.dll. This .DLL is included in the .CAB file SqlCe.repl.ppc.wce5.armv4i.cab, which I thought was included as part of the SQL Server Compact 3.5 redistributable.

In the InstallShield Windows Mobile Install Wizard I have checked the following distributables:

.NET Compact Framework 3.5
Microsoft SQL Client 3.5
Microsoft SQLCE 3.5

If I manually copy the SqlCe.repl.ppc.wce5.armv4i.cab file onto the device and install it my application runs perfectly. In the Remove Programs on the device the missing component I require shows up as 'SQLServerCompact 3.5 Repl'.

Is there a built-in distributable already that I need to select and if not how do I include this CAB file?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Anthony
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
hidenori
Level 17

Please copy the attached settings.xml to C:\Program Files\InstallShield\2010\Support\0409 folder and rebuild your setup, to see if it solves your issue. Also make sure that you have Microsoft SQL Server Compact 3.5 Service Pack 1 for Windows Mobile installed on your build machine before building your setup.
0 Kudos
keystone
Level 3

Thanks for your reply. I've tried your suggestions but unfortunately it hasn't made any difference. I'm still missing the replication services distributable on the device.
0 Kudos
keystone
Level 3

Does anybody have any other ideas/thoughts as I'm kinda stuck for a single install solution until I can get this working. Thanks Anthony
0 Kudos
keystone
Level 3

Looking at it from a different angle, does anybody know of a mechanism to deploy a .CAB file in InstallShield? Doesn't necessarily need to be the compact framework one that I am missing.

Again, any help or ideas would be very much appreciated as I had to twist my managers arm into stumping up the money for Install Shield 2010 so if I can't do what it says on the tin (i.e. deploy all of the Compact Framework 3.5 stuff) then I'm going look a tad silly.

Thanks
0 Kudos
keystone
Level 3

By including the Microsoft SQL CE Server 3.5 Dev distributable in my installer deployed the missing replication component I required.

I automatically assuemd that this distributable would deploy the developer tools such as Sql Mobile Query Analyzer but this was not to be the case.

Thanks and hurrah.
0 Kudos