cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Christopher_Pai
Level 16

SQL Server Build Error

I'm doing dynamic reflection of emitting of SQL scripts at build time. Things have been fine until recently this error message came up during the core build phase:

Class table successfully built
Extension table successfully built
ODBCDataSource table successfully built
ODBCDriver table successfully built
ISDEV : fatal error -7086: An error occurred while encrypting the SQL Script file '%s'
SB-OLG-SVC-DC-REAPER3\Release - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

I get through the pre-build automation phase without errors. The problem comes up during the build phase.

Anyone ever see this before?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
Christopher_Pai
Level 16

I found the source of the problem. One of my DBA's checked in a 0 byte SQL file. The automation interface allowed it to be added but the compiler failed with very little useful information.

As a workaround I'll have to write some code in my build automation to validate the SQL script. I'm not sure if the requirement should be not empty, contains USE, contains GO .... ectera.
0 Kudos
hidenori
Level 17

I filed the work order #IOC-000075090 so that an appropriate build error message will be given in a future release.

Thank you for reporting this.
0 Kudos
Christopher_Pai
Level 16

Thanks, another question for you. Does it matter (from a build perspective) if my DBA's check in UNICODE or ANSI files?

When I was troubleshooting the previous problem I was clicking on the scripts to make sure they were there and I had a pop-up talking about converting from unicode to ansi.

BTW, can you comment on the minimum expected data? USE, GO, anything goes?
0 Kudos
hidenori
Level 17

If SQL scripts contain non-English strings such as Japanese, I recommend that you use UNICODE files. The Japanese characters will be garbled when you run them on non-Japanese system. The warning message is prompted because the SQL Script editor in the SQL Scripts view currently does not support UNICODE files.

Also, you need to have at least one character in a SQL Script file in order to avoid the build error -7086. It should work if you only have an inline comment as such --.
0 Kudos