cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cgould
Level 3

SQL Schema Not Being Respected on Update

My ISSchema table in my target MSSQL database has the following entries:

When I am running an update to the installation, the installer is running a script with a schema value of 0005.03045.0001, which I don't believe it should be, based on the documentation. I have confirmed that the installer is running with the proper login and permissions to run the scripts, so I do not understand why this script is being run. Can anyone point me in the direction of understanding?

Thanks,
Chris
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
hidenori
Level 17

It's not reproducible on my end. I added the same ISSchema records to my target database as explained in your post above, and a script with a schema value of 0005.03045.0001 wasn't executed against that database. A verbose log may help you troubleshoot to find out why your script runs. The KB article Q106551 explains how to create the log.
0 Kudos
cgould
Level 3

hidenori wrote:
It's not reproducible on my end. I added the same ISSchema records to my target database as explained in your post above, and a script with a schema value of 0005.03045.0001 wasn't executed against that database. A verbose log may help you troubleshoot to find out why your script runs. The KB article Q106551 explains how to create the log.

Thanks for the tip, I will let you know what I find.
0 Kudos
cgould
Level 3

I tried the logging as you suggested, and no log file was created. Then I found this page (http://helpnet.installshield.com/installshield18helplib/IHelpSetup_EXECmdLine.htm), which indicates that the logging doesn't work for InstallScript projects that aren't MSI. Do you know of some other way that I can debug this issue?

Thanks,
Chris
0 Kudos