cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
notlogan
Level 6

SQL Express Redistributable DOESN'T WORK

Why do you include the SQL redistributable???? When I include it and require SQL Server it DOES NOT ATTEMPT to install SQL server like it does with other redistributables. It simply aborts the installation. If it doesn't work, why include it in the list of redistributables?
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
chiranjeevi
Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Hello,

I tried to replicate the issue on a windows 7 32 bit machine, but I was not successful.

could you please kindly let me know that this issue is on all operating systems or on any specific operating system to investigate the issue further?

Thanks,
Chiranjeevi
0 Kudos
notlogan
Level 6

Windows 7. I build a install that include SQL as a requirement and the SQL redistributable. The install just STOPS and says it cannot proceed until SQL isinstalled. It doesn't install SQL and go on like it does .net.
0 Kudos
chiranjeevi
Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Hello,

Could you please, kindly try this on any clean machine with windows 7 operating system and check if the setup shows the same behavior?

Thanks,
Chiranjeevi
0 Kudos
notlogan
Level 6

I got the same result......EVEN WORSE....now it suddenly stopped installing .net 4.5, stopping the install because it wasn't found. My installation used to install .net.....now that is broken too.

We're going to install SQL Server separately. But it would be nice to get .net fixed.
0 Kudos