cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bradfoje
Level 3

Run As Admin Issue

Greetings, I have an application that must be installed with administrator privileges. Also, during the installation, I need to deliver files to the personal folder of the user. My application is relying on these files to be there (config files, input files, etc.).

When an administrator installs the app, it works great and no issues arise. However not all of our user base will have admin privileges on their local machine. The thing is, my app only requires admin to install the files, as long as the files are there and the permissions are set for the limited account, the user isn't required to be an admin to run the app.

My issue is this:

Utilizing the "Run As Administrator" I run the setup from the limited users account. However none of the files that I need delivered to the limited users personal folder are installed as they all are delivered into the administrator's personal folder.

How can I allow an administrator to install my product on a limited user's account and still have all the personal folder items go into the limited users folder instead of the account who ran the setup with the elevated privileges?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
bradfoje
Level 3

Surely someone has run into this issue?
0 Kudos