cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aupadhayay
Level 3

Resetting the password field

Hello,

This seems like a simple one, but i cant find a way to fix this.

When a wrong password is entered, a warning message is shown, on clicking OK, it goes back to the password still has two characters left, and its not cleared or blank.
Which ideally it should be blank.

On removing setting the PASSWORD property to false, i see that the two characters are "" two quotes.
This value is defined for the "Next" button click. If i remove it and make it blank, it gives an error "1627: Error while trying to replace the record".

Don't know how else to set it to null. Or if the InstallSctript has to be changed?

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Amar
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
chad_petersen
Level 9

In your script - can you try setting the PASSWORD property to "" (blank) instead of to false?

MsiSetProperty(hMSI, "PASSWORD", "");

In MSI the "" is often used to clear a PROPERTY value of any existing value.

Just a thought, I've used it with normal text control so I assume it would work for the Password control as well.

Chad
0 Kudos
chad_petersen
Level 9

That example line was assuming Basic MSI - if you are using a different project type then you might need to use different syntax, but the "" instead of false should still work I would think.

Chad
0 Kudos
aupadhayay
Level 3

chad.petersen wrote:
In your script - can you try setting the PASSWORD property to "" (blank) instead of to false?

MsiSetProperty(hMSI, "PASSWORD", "");

In MSI the "" is often used to clear a PROPERTY value of any existing value.

Just a thought, I've used it with normal text control so I assume it would work for the Password control as well.

Chad

Thank you for the response. Yes its a Basic MSI Project. And my script is already using the "" to set the password blank as you have mentioned, but it does not help.

-Amar
0 Kudos

aupadhayay, do you have a solution/update for this issue? 

0 Kudos