cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MartinaIFER
Level 4

Required disk space

Hi there,

I am using InstallShield 2010 / Install Script Project.
Is there a way how to find out required disk space to run my installation and required disk space to install all?

Thank you very much,

Martina
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
shakeel_hassan
Level 3

Hi Martina, use the "GetDiskInfo" function for the InstallScript / InstallScript MSI project types.

For Basic MSI project, you must first have to create the custom Action for the entry point function and put that CA in the sequence.

Shakeel Hassan
0 Kudos
MartinaIFER
Level 4

Shakeel,

Thank you very much!

I am a bit confused now. I thought I would get AVAILABLE disk space (available on the target computer) using the "GetDiskInfo" function. I would expect the REQUIRED disk space is independent on the target computer. And how to get disk space that is necessary to run the installation itself (to run a single executable installation)?

I do appreciate you help very much.

Martina
0 Kudos
shakeel_hassan
Level 3

Package requires the some disk space on the Windows volume drive, in order to create some temp files in the TEMP directory during the setup initialization. One can face the problem when there is not enough space on the windows drive, in this case you can clean the temp directory and try to install it again. Martina, did you try to run your setup on some other machine ? If it's not working, tell me exactly What error code you are getting?

To calculate the disk size required by your installation, you can use the FeatureGetCostEx function.

Shakeel Hassan
0 Kudos