cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vijayakumar
Level 6

Repair in UI Sequence

Hi,

I would like to know whether 'Repair'ing the Application from Add/Remove program would run the events in UI sequence?
Because, when we uninstall the application from Add\Remove program, it skips the UI Sequence and executes only Execute Sequence.

Can anyone clear this for me.

Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

I believe the Repair button in the Support Info details for a product in Add or Remove Programs will run only the Execute sequence; naturally, an easy way to test is to place an action in the UI sequence that displays a message, and see if the message is displayed...
0 Kudos
vijayakumar
Level 6

Hi,

Yes, as you said when we do repair from add/remove programs, it executes only InstallExecute Sequence.

I need another clarification!!!

My application installs Word Addins. The application has 2 components for Addins(one for 2k3 and another for 2k7). Both are installed conditionally.

I am upgrading Office after the application is installed. Then doing a repair of my application. But during repair it is not evaluating the condition on the component to install the correct addins. It always installs the same addin on repair which is installed previously.

Can anyone help me, where i am going wrong.. I am stuck with this.. so, pls help!!!

Thanks.
0 Kudos
vijayakumar
Level 6

Can anyone help with this please!!!

Thanks
0 Kudos
Nick_Umanski
Level 7

There is a condition you can set on the component called "Reevaluate Condition", this defaults to 'No', setting it to 'Yes' should do what you want, although I've never tried this, so please repost to let me know if it works.
0 Kudos
vijayakumar
Level 6

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the Suggestion.

I hope it will work. I will test with my application and let you know the result.

Thanks a lot.
0 Kudos