cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Someone
Level 3

Removing/installing registry keys/values

I've got the following problem. On the pc's in the HLM\Software we have a registry key Oracle in which are other keys and DWORD, string and binaries values. With the installation of an MSI we would like to remove all keys and values in the Oracle key(the Oracle key itself may also be deleted as long as it will be created again). After that new keys, values need to be created in the Oracle key.

I have tried the "Install if absent, uninstall if present (*). That installas/replaces the keys and values that are in the MSI but the ones that aint in it will stay in the registry.

I know i can delete an entire key with the "Uninstall entire key (-)" option. And did try this option in combination with the installation of the keys/values but that didn't had the desired effect.

Proberly someone here can explain me if it and if so how it is possible to do what i want.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
Dan_Galender
Level 10

Look at the help topic "RemoveRegistry Table". Populating the RemoveRegistry table through the Direct Editor should do what you want. It will tie the removal of registry entries to the installation of a component in your MSI.
0 Kudos
Someone
Level 3

Thank you for your reply that was that i was looking for.
0 Kudos