cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
heathlmorris
Level 4

Remove and Replace Branding the Easy Way!!

After Searching through the Forum for a good way to Remove and replace Branding inside Basic MSI Projects I found that nobody had a great answer.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
Maureen_Polte
Level 3

Thank you for your post. I can understand the desire to replace the InstallShield name with your company or product name, however, you might be unaware that the EULA states this is not allowed. Below is the wording from the EULA. If your company has a specific requirement to private label the installer, I would be interested to have the business discussion with you. You can email me at mpolte@acresso.com.

You will not remove, modify or alter any of Licensor’s copyright, trademark or proprietary rights notices from any part of the Software, including but not limited to any such notices contained in the physical and/or electronic media or documentation, in the Setup Wizard dialogue or ‘about’ boxes, in any of the runtime resources and/or in any web-presence or web-enabled notices, code or other embodiments originally contained in or otherwise created by the Software, or in any archival or back-up copies, if applicable.

Thank you.

Maureen Polte
0 Kudos