cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
emily_yadon
Level 2

Release Flags not working?

I recently inherited a pretty straightforward Basic MSI project. It was decided that the next version should be available as both a download and a CD.
So, I have two prerequisites that I want to include/exclude based on release flags, the web and full install of .NET framework. I have two releases, download and CD.
The two prereqs are flagged as "Web" and "Disc" respectively, and so are the releases.
This is all pretty basic, right?

However, when I build, the download release has just the web .NET as it should, but the CD release has both the web and full .NET! The previous owner of this project didn't know release flags existed, so there aren't any other flags to conflict.

Any ideas on where I'm going wrong?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
emily_yadon
Level 2

In the hopes that it might benefit someone else in future --

Someone had previously created a custom prereq for this version of the web .NET installer, because InstallShield 2014 didn't come with it. We updated to 2015, which DID have a prereq for this .NET, with the same name. InstallShield only displayed one entry in the prereq list, presumably theirs, but another prereq had the custom one as a dependency. So basically, we were getting web .NET twice and only one of them had the release flag.

I replaced the custom .NET prereq with the default one, removed the dependency, and everything is back to normal.
0 Kudos