cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anom217
Level 8

Registry keys keep uninstalling

Using the registry editor, I have registry keys being created and assigned to a component that gets installed. However, the next time I run the installer, when the keys already exist, they are immediately removed from the registry as soon as the installation starts up, and are not recreated during that install. The component never gets deleted, why are the registry keys being removed?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
Jeff2008
Level 6

Any entry in the RemoveRegistry table?
0 Kudos
anom217
Level 8

i've messed around and I will always create the registry keys during installation, but if they already exist they are always immediately deleted at the beginning of the installation setup. I don't understand why this is happening, I don't have anything set to remove registry keys.
0 Kudos
SherylSikora
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

In the Registry editor, if you right-click the registry keys that you are creating, there are a few options that can be set to control this kind of behavior. Do you have the "Install if absent, Uninstall if present" option selected?
(If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".)
0 Kudos
anom217
Level 8

I have the registry flag set to automatic. I tried changing it to "install if absent, uninstall if present" but it did the same thing.

So I messed around a bit, and figured out if I created the key through the installation, it would immediately uninstall next time I ran the installer. However, if I created the key outside of the installer, it wouldn't delete the key. But this doesn't really solve my problem since I need to create the key from the installer.
0 Kudos