cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RodneyBuxton
Level 3

Registry Entries in Windows 7

I'm adding several registry entries through System Configuration->Registry, this works fine on XP and Vista, but on Windows 7 installs the registry entries are not added, what am I doing wrong?

I've added permissions for Administrator to have full control still not working.

Thank
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
GuyWithDogs
Level 4

Is your Windows 7 box running 64-bit? If so, the entries might be in SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node.

Or you could be into the registry virtualization that happens if UAC is turned on, and so your entries are in HKEY_USERS in one of the entries there, under a VirtualStore key. You'll have to dig for it.

Did you search for the values at all?
0 Kudos
RodneyBuxton
Level 3

Yes, I did a search, and they were nowhere to be found...not in any of the place you listed either.
0 Kudos
GuyWithDogs
Level 4

I understand your pain. See my question about registry entries reverting to different values for no apparent reason.

The only other suggestion I can come up with is to run the install with both a /debuglog and /L*v log, and see if you can find something in there that gives you a clue (e.g. condition being opposite of what you're expecting, a property value having an unexpected value or being completely missing, etc.)

It's probably a lot of by guess and by golly work. Sorry I can't offer anything more useful than my best wishes.
0 Kudos