cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sniperkid
Level 3

Registering dot NET DLL's

Is there a feature in IS 2010 that allows us to register .NET DLLs rather than coding it in installscript to pass it through command prompt?

Regards

Sniperkid
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
cbragg
Level 7

Due to the nature of .NET, .dll files created with .NET do not need to be registered in the same way as legacy dlls. Some do however need to be registered with .NET. On the properties of your component, set the '.NET Scan at build' to 'Properties Only' or 'Dependancies only'. This will populate your MsiAssembly table and MsiAssemblyName tables for you at build time so you don't need to worry about it
0 Kudos
Reureu
Level 10

If your .NET assembly has got some COM Interop code, and if you would normally register it regasm, then just set the .NET COM Interop setting to Yes in the Component Settings-->.NET Settings of the component that contains the assembly.
0 Kudos
sniperkid
Level 3

At the moment i use Gacutil [file] and regasm [file] currently to register the files in installscript. Just wondering if there was an easier way to register them.

Regards,

Sniperkid
0 Kudos
sniperkid
Level 3

If i set the properties of the component to self-register it registers it with regasm ok, but if i put the properties of the .NET assembly to be installed as Local Assembly (assuming this will add it to the assembly locally like the gacutil) it doesn't.

Regards,

Sniperkid
0 Kudos