cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
biddleswade
Level 3

Register .NET COM Interop on 64-bit

Hi,

Can anyone please tell me how I can get by 32-bit .NET 2.0 DLL that's required for COM Interop to register correctly on a 64-bit OS?

In InstallShield I have set the .NET COM Interop component option to true and the DLL will register successfully on a 32-bit OS.

Cheers.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

What do you have in mind when you say "register correctly"? The file should register as a 32-bit DLL (i.e. under the Wow6432Node on a 64-bit machine) without any changes. If you want to register it as a 64-bit DLL, then you would need it to be a 64-bit DLL, as otherwise other 64-bit processes could not load it.
0 Kudos
Alejandro45
Level 2

I am also having same problem and not able to solve it if any body can work out any suggestion please then tell me soon
0 Kudos
TechTeachEm
Level 2

I'm having the same problem as above.

I am trying to register a .net com interop dll compiled on a 64 bit machine using Visual Studio 2005 with the Target CPU setting set to AnyCPU. From what I've read this will compile a 64 bit dll because it is compiled on a 64 bit machine.

I need to know how to set Installshield so that the dll will be registered in the standard registration area for 64 bit apps, and not the wow32 area for 32 bit apps.
0 Kudos