cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jsheth
Level 3

Regasm failing in VISTA with 2010 premier edition

Trying to register my controls on vista, my custom actions work but fail to register

Error:
RegAsm : error RA0000 : Requested registry access is not allowed.

I even placed a manifest file for regasm in my installer to be placed at
c:\windows\...\v2.05xxx\regasm.exe.manifest

This is the manifest

What else do i need to do?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
Lurean
Level 8

is your installer itself set to require admin rights? If you are registering anything that requires access to the registry you will need to have elevated rights on the entire installer process.

I am assuming something didn't go right with the cut and paste since there are some tags not showing in the sample manifest file you posted.

Also, unless they have fixed this issue, somtimes it is necessary to reboot the machine after a new manifest file is put in place for an assembly, so I am not sure if what you are trying will work.
0 Kudos
jsheth
Level 3

Lurean wrote:
is your installer itself set to require admin rights? If you are registering anything that requires access to the registry you will need to have elevated rights on the entire installer process.

I am assuming something didn't go right with the cut and paste since there are some tags not showing in the sample manifest file you posted.

Also, unless they have fixed this issue, somtimes it is necessary to reboot the machine after a new manifest file is put in place for an assembly, so I am not sure if what you are trying will work.

Lurean: How do I set elevated rights on the entire process in the MSI?
0 Kudos