cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
notlogan
Level 6

Refuses to install Redistributabls.

It is getting worse. I checked .net 4.5 and SQL Express 2008. It used to at least install .net but after some minor tweaking and a rebuild, InstallShield stopped installing .net. It NEVER installed SQL Server even though I deleted both from my target computer. This is true even though both are listed as Prerequisites in the InstallShiled config file.

If I make them a requirement it just stops the installation because it can't find them.

Does InstallShield work for ANYONE?????
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
chiranjeevi
Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Hello,

You mentioned "after some minor tweaking and a rebuild",
could you please kindly let me know, what are the modifications done to the project solution?

You also mentioned that "I deleted both from my target computer", could you please clean the registry on the target machine for any invalid registry entires of the deleted applications and then try to install the application?

you can also try on any other clean machine to determine the specific issue.

Thanks
Chiranjeevi
0 Kudos
notlogan
Level 6

chiranjeevi wrote:
Hello,

You mentioned "after some minor tweaking and a rebuild",
could you please kindly let me know, what are the modifications done to the project solution?

You also mentioned that "I deleted both from my target computer", could you please clean the registry on the target machine for any invalid registry entires of the deleted applications and then try to install the application?

you can also try on any other clean machine to determine the specific issue.

Thanks
Chiranjeevi

I added dependent dll's to the install folder. (They also didn't install but that is a different bug.)

What do you look for in the registry to see if SQL is installed? I'm not sure I want to start removing references I am not sure of.
0 Kudos
notlogan
Level 6

Going from bad to worse. Now it won't install .net OR SQL Server. And it ran through the entire install on my test computer and installed NOTHING. It used to install .net and my app.

How does anyone use this software?
0 Kudos
chiranjeevi
Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Hello,

Please follow below msdn link for information on to determine the version and edition of SQL Server and its components.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321185

Thanks
Chiranjeevi
0 Kudos
notlogan
Level 6

Thanks. How is that supposed to make InstallShield work? I am a SQL database administrator with MS certification. I'm fairly handy with SQL Server.

I cleaned my registry of SQL and .net and InstallShield will install NEITHER prerequisite. It won't even copy my basic application anymore. I suppose I'll delete the solution and start all over AGAIN. If InstallShield can't do the basic things like copy files, how is it useful to anyone? I don't get it.
0 Kudos