cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mary
Level 3

Redistributable: Office 2007 PIA

On the redistributables tab I have tried setting the properties for the Microsoft Office 2007 PIA to "Extract from Setup.exe" (my preference) and "Copy From Source Media" (I'm not even sure what that means, other than I notice a folder shows up that doesn't show up when I choose "extract").

In both cases, the solution "builds" fine, but on execution, the program comes up with the error: "The 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine." and, sure enough, "Microsoft Office Access database engine 2007 (English) is not listed in Control Panel: Programs and Features.

In the interests of resolving this, I have also tried setting the properties to download from the Web. That's the setting for the .Net Framework 4.0 client, and that works, but when I build the solution using this setting for the Office 2007 PIA, I get the message
"Error 3 -7070: You have choosen to download the InstallShield prerequisite files for PRQ file Microsoft Office 2007 PIA.prq. This InstallShield prerequisite does not contain download information."

I provided this information over the weekend as a reply to an earlier question which you did reply to, but I'm not sure if that was the wrong thing to do (which is why I'm submitting this as a new question) or if you're just over-worked and backlogged right now.
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
Lenwin
Level 10

Hi,

I am currently looking into this issue and would get back to you as soon as i have more information.

Thanks,
Lenwin
0 Kudos
Lenwin
Level 10

Hi,

In order to run the office 2007 PIA prerequisite could you download the prerequisite through the IDE.

Then kindly ensure that the o2007pia.msi file is placed in the location

C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\Bootstrapper\Packages\Office2007PIARedist

Set the redistributable to extract from setup.exe in the redistributable view and in the releases view.

Build the setup and check if the same issue persists.

Regards,
Lenwin
0 Kudos
mary
Level 3

I downloaded the o2007pia.msi file again; the properties window of the installer .exe indicates it was the same version I had previously (I believe MS did update it in late October).

I double-checked to make sure the o2007pia.msi file is where you inidicated it should be and double-checked to make sure the redistributable is set to extract from set up.

Built it all again, no success. I'd be happy to change the set up to download from the web, but then it won't build successfully, with the message Error 2ISEXP : error : -7070: You have choosen to download the InstallShield prerequisite files for PRQ file Microsoft Office 2007 PIA.prq. This InstallShield prerequisite does not contain download information.

Did you change something on your end? Was I suppose to download the .prq file again? Because I don't see how to download a newer .prq file once the .prq has been downloaded. I tried renaming it to see if it would force a download again, but it just renamed it in the list.

Just to confirm, the reference the program is looking for is the Microsoft.Office.Interop.Access.Dao.dll

This is the link where the access database engine is downloaded from:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/confirmation.aspx?familyId=7554f536-8c28-4598-9b72-ef94e038c891&displayLang=en

Thanks for your help, and let me know if I can provide any additional information.
0 Kudos
Lenwin
Level 10

Hi,

Could you navigate to the location C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\Bootstrapper\Packages\Office2007PIARedist and delete the o2007pia.msi file.

Then refresh the prerequisites list by clicking on the refresh button in the Redistributables view.

Select Office2007PIA prerequisite and download it on your machine.

Configure the prerequisite to extract from setup.exe.

Build and run the setup.

Let me know if you are able to build and Install the setup successfully.

Regards,
Lenwin
0 Kudos
mary
Level 3

I deleted the o2007pia.msi file as you requested, closed VS, ran it as Administrator, received the "download failed, are you running as administrator" error. Turned McAfee firewall off. Received the same message. Tried deleting all files and the directory C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\Bootstrapper\Packages\Office2007PIARedist. Ran VS as administrator and tried again. No love, same error message. Reinstalled the files I had deleted.
Changed option InstallShield LE -> options -> .NET Scan at Build File Setting to none. Ran VS as administrator and tried again. Didn't work: same error message.

The Redistributables tab shows Location is needs to be downloaded. The output from right-clicking 'download selected item' is as follows:

Failed to download
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\Bootstrapper\Packages\Office2007PIARedist\o2007pia.msi
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\Bootstrapper\Packages\Office2007PIARedist\o2007pia.msi
Downloading Finished. 0 file(s) downloaded successfully. 2 file(s) failed to download correctly.

(I clicked retry once).

I am also getting the following warning: ISEXP : warning : -6248: Could not find dependent file System.Xaml.dll, or one of its dependencies of component BrainNodes.Primary_output

Regards,
Mary
0 Kudos
Lenwin
Level 10

Hi,

You may try using the attached .prq file for office o2007pia.

Place the .prq file in the location C:\Program Files\InstallShield\2011LE\SetupPrerequisites

Ensure that the file o2007pia.msi is in the location

C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\Bootstrapper\Packages\Office2007PIARedist for 32 bit

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\Bootstrapper\Packages\Office2007PIARedist for 64 bit O.S.

Also kindly ensure that the .net 3.5 full prerequisite is present in the location.

C:\Program Files\InstallShield\2011LE\SetupPrerequisites\Microsoft .net\3.5\Full and Build the project.

Let me know if you come across any build error.

Regards,
Lenwin
0 Kudos