cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mjanulaitis1234
Level 4

Readme Launched During Uninstall

I have added a readme file to the setupsuccess dialog using the IS_LAUNCH_MY_README_PLEASE custom action along with the appropriate propreties:

LAUNCHREADME 1
SHOWLAUNCHREADME -1

If I run an uninstall by executing the setup.exe file (rather than through Add/Remove programs) the install launches notepad with an empty document and an error is throw stating the readme can't be found. However, if I uninstall via Add/Remove Programs the readme is not opened as desired. How can I fix the uninstall when executed by running the setup.exe?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
weakness
Level 6

Why don't you use Not (REMOVE=ALL) Condition?

REMOVE Property
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa371194%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

Please note the REMOVE property may not equal ALL until after the InstallValidate action.
0 Kudos
mjanulaitis1234
Level 4

I added the Not (REMOVE=ALL) to the condition within the SetupCompleteSuccess dialog and now during an install the readme is not launched.

LAUNCHREADME And Not (REMOVE=ALL)
0 Kudos
mjanulaitis1234
Level 4

If I set the OK button DoAction event condition to LAUNCHREADME And Not Installed I get the desired results...at least with the testing I did.
0 Kudos
mjanulaitis1234
Level 4

Well not actaully. If my install is patched, the readme does not show. Err I can't believe no one out there has a readme file they show after install that doesn't want shown when uninstalled by running setup.exe again. Wow that really tells me no one is using this software or this forum and it's time to use Wix.
0 Kudos