cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hh1234
Level 5

Radio Button Controls

I created a new Basic .MSI project. I then created a custom dialog. On this custom dialog I added a Radio Button Control Group. I then added 2 radio buttons within this control group. They are:

Run Regedit
Run Explorer

Run Regedit has a value of 1
Run Explorder has a value of 2

But since they are inside a control group I can't execute Regedit or Explorer when they are picked. I've even tried to have my NEXT button have the Radio Button Control group as it's argument but that did not work.

So I guess my question is this. How do you have a radio button call the program you want? And once that program is run return to your .MSI script for the next dialog?

Thank you.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
TsungH
Level 12

What's the ControlEvent used to launch the program? If you have not, please familiarize yourself with RadioButtonGroup Control, PushButton Control and a list of available Control Events. Depending on Windows Installer version, you may be able to use DoAction ControlEvent or MsiLaunchApp ControlEvent.
hh1234 wrote:
But since they are inside a control group I can't execute Regedit or Explorer when they are picked. I've even tried to have my NEXT button have the Radio Button Control group as it's argument but that did not work.

So I guess my question is this. How do you have a radio button call the program you want? And once that program is run return to your .MSI script for the next dialog?
0 Kudos