cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gmpace
Level 3

RESUME and PATCH properties

I'm starting on producing a Minor Upgrade install (InstalllShield 2011 Professional, Basic MSI project). I changed the third field of the Product Version, built (which changed Package Code automatically), and ran setup.exe on a test platform that has the previous version installed. I got a popup stating that "setup will perform an upgrade" of my product. So far, so good.

After clicking Yes on the popup to continue, I am presented with a "Resuming the InstallShield Wizard" for my product. Looking at the condition for the SetupResume dialog, I see the properties RESUME and PATCH used. I'm wondering if anybody knows the how the properties RESUME and PATCH get set for an installation. Specifically, based on what combination of changes to Product Version, Product Code, and Upgrade Code.

Thanks,

Gary
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
TsungH
Level 12

If you have not, please refer to PATCH property and RESUME property.
0 Kudos
gmpace
Level 3

Thanks for the response, and yes I did review the MSDN documentation. That's really why I asked the question in this post. The MSDN documentation states "The RESUME property is set when resuming a suspended installation." Well, in my case, I'm not resuming a suspended installation, I'm trying to perform an upgrade. So I was wondering what other factors (change in product version, etc.) are used to set this property.
0 Kudos
TsungH
Level 12

In this case, I would recommend taking a look at the verbose installation log for additional clue. Hopefully it will shed some light.
0 Kudos