cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dcarlon
Level 2

QuickPatch Upgrade Older Releases

Hello,

I'm a little confuse, and if is there someone who can help me, I really appreciate the help.

I create a QuickPatch project based in a Setup.exe (MSI Basic Project), I just replace like 10 xml files. Everything works fine. The problem is than can be applied to older versions of the installer.

Example.

MSI Basic Setup.exe Version 1.27.5 (older installer)
MSI Basic Setup.exe Version 1.28.0 (new installer to apply patch)

Quick patch project based in the last release, leaving the same version (I don't want to update the version)

QuickPatch Update.exe Version 1.28.0

I will create this over and over, just changing the files from the source folder, until the next minor release.

When I run the Update.exe, with the setup.exe version 1.27.5 intalled in the system, I expect the Update.exe throw an error telling me that the update does not apply. I wish only apply to my setup.exe version 1.28.0.

Anyone knows how to achieve this behavior?

Thxs in advance.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
Nio_the_Champ_2
Level 6

I would never recommend using QuickPatch personally as this one is full of limitations. Should use "Patch Design" view to create production quality patches.

However if u need to stick to you choice of QuickPatch, you can use DirectEditor->ExcludedPacakges and put package codes of all the versions you need to exclude. Hope this helps!!
0 Kudos