cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikegru
Level 4

QuickPatch Error 2705. Invalid table: Feature; Could not be linked as tree.

Just a bit of background info. I have the base MSI and I created 2 QuickPatches successfully for it. Both patches can be installed or rolled back with no problems. Now I want to create Patch3, but when I attempt to install it, I get this error. Seeing as how there seems to be no proven method to fix this based on the searches I've done, I tried the following:

1. Created empty patch and then Patch3. No luck.
2. Rebuilt Patch2 with all files deleted and then created Patch3 with the deleted files for 2 included. No luck.
3. Created dummy patch to delete files put down in Patch2 and then created Patch3 to readd. No luck.
4. Running validation surfaces no errors.
5. Modifying the UpgradeImage msi Feature table (although I don't know what to change - just looking for anything) and then attempting to build Patch3 with 'Create new "UpgradedImage" folder' set to No results in isdev crashing.

I notice that if I patch a file that was not patched in Patch1 or Patch2, it is OK. As soon as I try to patch a file that was patcehd in Patch1 or Patch2, then I get 2705.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
mikegru
Level 4

Option 5 worked for me after all.

This information is in addition to what was posted in http://community.flexerasoftware.com/showthread.php?t=142240&page=3

First, if you experience a crash of isdev when building the QP when 'Create new "UpgradedImage" Folder' = No, then you need to go to Tools...Options, select the Validation tab and uncheck "Perform Patching & Upgrading Validation".

Now, taking a step back, you must build the QP with 'Create new "UpgradedImage" Folder' = Yes first. Then go to the UpdateImage folder and edit the msi with Orca or IS. Go to the Feature table and update the Feature_Parent so that all records use the Feature name and not the auto-generated ID. Now, you can set 'Create new "UpgradedImage" Folder' = No and build. If you add files to the QP after doing this, then you will have to go through the steps again to fix the Feature table each time.
0 Kudos