cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IIvanovic9
Flexera beginner

Quick Patch problem

Hi,

It seems that I misunderstood something regarding Quick Patch for an installation.

I had an original installation for some of my clients, lets call it version 1.0.0

Then I created a series of Quick Patches, v1.0.0.1, v1.0.0.2, v1.0.0.3

Everything was Ok till now...

As I have some new clients without v1.0 installed, I decided to create a new install, version 1.0.0.3 which will include all the Quick Patches in the initial install. So I did it, and now when I try to Quick Patch the initial installation, the v1.0.0 I get an error saying:
The upgrade patch cannot be installed ... because the program to be upgraded may be missing or the upgrade patch may update a different version of the program...

I have verified, the Product code installed (HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Product\ is the same as in the Update.exe.

In the InstallShield.log at the end I get error 1642.

What did I do wrong? What is the correct procedure for such case ie how can I incorporate the QuickPatch in the installation so that the new QP will work with both installations (quick patched or newly installed)?

And what should I do now to correct the problem?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Igor

0 Kudos
1 Reply
IIvanovic9
Flexera beginner

Re: Quick Patch problem

Forgot to mention, I'm using InstallShield Express version 2016, version 23 SP2.
0 Kudos