cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
milind13
Level 3

Question: Can i have multiple assemblies in a Universal Installer...

hey guys,

have been using installshield for a couple of months now...
we were first only generating installers using product build configurations...

now we want to generate assemblies and have one product with all assemblies in it.

generating assemblies is not a problem until now.

now i created a universal installer and am having multiple assembly referenced.
the product has two features...each with one assembly reference.

the problem i have is that only the first assembly screens come up when i run the installer... the second assembly screens just dont come up.... but it just goes ahead and runs the second assembly when i say install.

could anyone tell what the problem is...

help would be greatly appreciated..

thanks,
Milind.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
milind13
Level 3

I Apparently still dont have a solution for this problem... is there anyone who can help me with this...

Just to Re-Iterate: I have a installer with a product build confguration and has a reference to 2 different assemblies. when i build the product and run the installer, it only runs the first assembly, i.e. all screens of first assembly come up... the second assembly doesent come up... but it does install both the assemblies...

Milind
0 Kudos
mkapasi
Level 4

Hi,
I am also seeing a similar issue. Did you find the answer to your problem? If yes, can you please share that?
Thank you,
-Mkapasi
0 Kudos
sjjs84
Level 5

Under sequences of the second assembly project, are the panels that you want to be displayed inserted under Assembly Sequences? Only these panels will be shown when you run the universla installer.
0 Kudos
rmackay
Level 7

If you copied your project from the original in order to create the new one, then there is a UID hidden in the .uip file which gets duplicated that can NOT be edited from the IDE. You need to edit the UID in the project file. Look for the line:

If those two lines are identical in your two projects, then that is the cause of your problem.

A similar edit needs to be done for the "Uninstall" uid further down in the project.
0 Kudos