cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hviolet
Level 4

Property change not reflected on wizard dialog

(Installshield 2014, suite-project)

On a wizard dialog I have tied the enabled state of the next button to the value of a property (property comparison).
When the property is directly changed via another control, e.g. a checkbox, the state of the next button is immediately updated (from disabled to enabled or vice versa).
BUT when the property is changed via a suite action, the state of the next button remains unchanged. This is independant of the action type (I tried Installscript and powershell actions).

The same problem: we need to change the content of a textbox via suite action. Here, a change of the property value the textbox is bound to is not shown in the textbox unless going next and back in the dialog order.

Is there a way to force the dialog to reload its content. Do I have to call a Windows API function?

Thanks in advance.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

This is a known limitation. If you know what property or properties may change by a suite action, perhaps you can follow it up with one or more Set Property (UI) actions to trigger the update.
0 Kudos
hviolet
Level 4

Thanks for your advice.

Calling a Set Property Action immediately after the Instalscript Action works. The textbox is updated.
After being updated, the input Cursor is automatically placed at the first Position.Is there a possibility to control the Cursor postion in a textBox?
(We aim to add some stuff characters while the user makes his Input - like the delimiters of a Key xxx-xxx-xxx.)
If not - is it possible to put ones own textField control on an Installshield Dialog?

regards, H.
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

You may be able to get this with a custom validation action, but those currently have to be written in C++ or other native code, and that's only if the built-in cursor logic fits your needs. Other that that I'm out of ideas; we don't currently have a way to control the cursor position or put custom fields on a wizard page or secondary window.
0 Kudos