cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
uwereisewitz
Level 3

Properties regarding Prerequisite Handling

Hi,
1. I would have to check if a certain file is available in the directory of setup.exe. The MSI itself would find this information in the SETUPEXEDIR-property.
Is something similar available for prerequisites? I've only seen [WindowsDir],[SystemDir],[ProgramFiles] and [CommonFiles]

2. Would it be possible to launch an executable in a prerequisite without embedding that executable (e.g. uninstall another installation with "msiexec -x").

2. Is it possible to translate the name of a prerequisite for different languages? For example in english I might call one prerequisite "support database" while in german I would call it "Supportdatenbank". It seems that IS2008 always presents the name of the prerequisite during setup therefore showing just one name for all languages

Thanks in advance for any help!

Uwe
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
ICE999
Level 5

Hi Uwe

For Question 1, you can do a system search for a certain file, you can specify a certain path or all drives and the amount of subdirs.
If you want to install a Prerequisite when a certain file exists, you should edit the prerequisite that you want to use and change the condition to a file search.

For Question 2, you could use a custom action in your script to execute an msiexec with the command, but be aware that the installer engine can only handle 1 MSI at the same time so you will have to move that custom action after the CostFinalize action.

For Question 3, i have no experience with that so i think someone else have to answer this one. I would copy the english prereq, and change the file to install, the condition to the german equivalent.
0 Kudos