cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JamesH2008
Level 2

Prompt user for Server name - shell run caspol.exe with the value

InstallShield geniuses,

First of all, I'm a VB programmer trying to help out a co-worker who's behind on his deadlines.

We have developed software that requires that .NET 2.0 Framework be installed. He has completed that part successfully, but the issue we have now is that we would like to set up the .NET 2.0 security to give full trust to the server that the user enters during the InstallShield process.

He is having zero luck with the script to do this, so I've downloaded a trial version of Installshield 2008 to see if I can try and help.

The shell command we need to run is:

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\caspol.exe -machine -addgroup 1 -url http://SERVERNAME/* FullTrust -name "Our Program" -description "Our Program Version" -pp off

So the situation is two-fold. First I need to add script to the project that will prompt the user for the Server name (and store the value). Second I need to run the shell command inserting the value for Server name in place of the SERVERNAME above.

As for the prompting, I've been looking at the TTYPrompt, but I can't get my head around where to insert the code and how it will store the value.

As for the shell command, the LaunchAppAndWait function to me looks to be the best bet.

Any help, links, suggestions, directions, etc. would be helpful.

Thanks,

James
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

What type of project are you trying? If InstallScript, there are AskText or SdShowDlgEdit1 functions you can use to prompt the user for a single line of text; you can add the dialog to the OnFirstUIBefore event handler, and then later use the variable containing the user's input in your LaunchAppAndWait call...
0 Kudos