cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alexanderjames
Level 2

Prompt to install a third party app

Hi All

Im relatively new to using Installshield but am getting the just of it slowly. I am building an installation for my VB6 project using installshield but my app requires 3 other third party applications installed as well. Is it possible that when installshield runs to prompt the user saying you need to install "Blah Blah .exe" before continuing and then have a next button that runs the app and so on for the other 2 apps and then only does it install everything my app needs. I have hunted around the help files but had no luck. Any help or guid lines will be much appreciated.

Many Thanks
AJ
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

It sounds like you're describing the behavior of InstallShield's Prerequisites. You can use the Prerequisite Editor to create a definition for these prerequisites, and then include them in your installation. Search on that term for some good starting points in our help files.
0 Kudos
Alexanderjames
Level 2

Hi

Thanks for your reply, i will look into your suggestion. Sorry i wasnt very descriptive in my first post but for example my app requires that the SQL Native client 10.0 be installed as well and i cant just add the redistrabutables therefore need a way to launch the native client setup from my install wizard.

Many Thanks
AJ
0 Kudos