cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samat
Level 3

Project output dialog blank in Limited Edition

Hi,
On a newly installed InstallShield Limited Edition for Visual Studio 2010, in the Project Assistant "Application Files" step, clicking "Add Project Outputs" button puts up an empty dialog rather than the expected listing of options such as "Primary Output", "Source Files" etc.

Is this a known issue?

Thanks,
Sam

Platform

Win 7 Enterprise x64
Microsoft Visual Studio 2010
Version 10.0.30319.1 RTMRel
Microsoft .NET Framework
Version 4.0.30319 RTMRel

Installed Version: Ultimate

Microsoft Visual C# 2010 01019-315-4422995-70918
Microsoft Visual C# 2010

Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Architecture and Modeling Tools 01019-315-4422995-70918
Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Architecture and Modeling Tools

UML® and Unified Modeling Language™ are trademarks or registered trademarks of the Object Management Group, Inc. in the United States and other countries.

Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Code Analysis Spell Checker 01019-315-4422995-70918
Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Code Analysis Spell Checker

Portions of International CorrectSpell™ spelling correction system © 1993 by Lernout & Hauspie Speech Products N.V. All rights reserved.

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Third Edition Copyright © 1992 Houghton Mifflin Company. Electronic version licensed from Lernout & Hauspie Speech Products N.V. All rights reserved.

Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Team Explorer 01019-315-4422995-70918
Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Team Explorer

Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2010 01019-315-4422995-70918
Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2010

Crystal Reports Templates for Microsoft Visual Studio 2010
Crystal Reports Templates for Microsoft Visual Studio 2010

Hotfix for Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate - ENU (KB982218) KB982218
This hotfix is for Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate - ENU.
If you later install a more recent service pack, this hotfix will be uninstalled automatically.
For more information, visit http://support.microsoft.com/kb/982218.

InstallShield Limited Edition
InstallShield. For more information visit the Flexera Software website at <>. Copyright © 1997–2010 Flexera Software, Inc. and/or InstallShield Co. Inc. All Rights Reserved.

JetBrains ReSharper 5 C# Edition build 5.0.1659.36 on 2010-04-13T02:19:06
JetBrains ReSharper 5 package for Microsoft Visual Studio. For more information about ReSharper, visit http://www.jetbrains.com/resharper/. Copyright © 2003–2010 JetBrains, Inc.

.NET Reflector
Visual Studio add-in that integrates .NET Reflector into Visual Studio to allow you to seamlessly debug into third-party code and assemblies, even if you don't have the source code for them.
Visit www.red-gate.com for more information.
Copyright (c) 2009-2010 Red Gate Software Inc.
0 Kudos
(9) Replies
Lenwin
Level 10

Hi,

The Add project Outputs option would display the window as in the screenshot below.

Could you kindly create a new solution which includes a Windows Forms application project and an InstallShield Limited Edition project.

Navigate to the Project Assistant and click on Add Project Outputs button. Check if the same issue persists.

Thanks,
Lenwin
0 Kudos
Samat
Level 3

Thanks for the prompt reply - very refreshing!

User Error - my apologies.

Although now I am plaged with the dreaded
Error 2 -5008: Intel64 or AMD64 must be specified in the template of the Summary Stream ISEXP : error : -5008: Intel64 or AMD64 must be specified in the template of the Summary Stream

I have a .Net 4.0 dependency which specifies x86 and x64, but see no place where I can specify platform, any clues? Or should I start a new thread?

Thanks much,

Sam
0 Kudos
Lenwin
Level 10

Hi,

You are coming across this error message as the InstallShield Limited Edition doesn’t have support to create 64 bit setup.

Kindly remove the 64 bit dependencies from the project and check if you come across the same error message.

Thanks,
Lenwin
0 Kudos
Samat
Level 3

Hi, thanks for the response. Unfortunately I can't find any 64 bit dependencies or I would have removed them. The project targets the x86 platform.

It's not the message that's unclear it's just that I don't have any component dependencies flagged as 64 bit. The .Net framework is marked as x86 and x64 and cannot be changed.

I thought you folks might have seen this before.
0 Kudos
Lenwin
Level 10

Hi Sam,

You have mentioned that the “Net framework is marked as x86 and x64 and cannot be changed”.

Could you kindly let us know if you are including a .Net redistributable into your project or if you have a dll which is marked as x86 and x64.

Thanks,
Lenwin
0 Kudos
Samat
Level 3

Hi,
Thanks for the response. Yes, .Net framework 4.0 client package is listed as a pre-requisite (I'm looking at the Project Assistant Installation Requirements tab right now).

What can you tell me about "the template of the Summary Stream"? Sounds vaguely like an Indiana Jones movie.

- Sam
0 Kudos
Lenwin
Level 10

Hi,

The Template Summary option is used to specify the platform and language versions that are compatible with the installation database.

Using the template summary option the setup can be conditioned to install only on a 64 bit operating system. This option is available in InstallShield Premier and Professional editions which has an option to build installers specific to a 64 bit operating system.

Thanks,
Lenwin
0 Kudos
Samat
Level 3

Thanks for that. Then theoretically the template issue is out of my control. Where else could I be ambiguously targeting 32 or 64 bit? I can find no references to 64 bit versions anywhere in my project. This is all straight-ahead wizard stuff exactly (as far as I can determine) by the recipe book. Any other thoughts?

Thanks,

- Sam
0 Kudos
Lenwin
Level 10

Hi Sam,

In order to troubleshoot further could you create a new project and include a few files into your project.

Build the project.Check if you are coming across the same issue.

If you are not coming across the same issue then you may add all the files related to your project and then build the project.Check if the same issue persists.

Thanks,
Lenwin
0 Kudos