cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NeilWalker
Level 2

Programatically installing components

Afternoon all,

We've recently migrated to InstallShield 2009 at work and I've have been tasked with packaging some software as part of our current project. Thing is I haven't touched InstallShield for several years and I'm a little rusty 🙂

My problem is this - I need to conditionally install some components to the target platform depending on which OS is present and I've noticed that there's some built in condition builder functionality as part of the component properties that can handle this. I thought this would be sufficient but it seems that I also need to check if certain apps are also present on the system. I figure that the component condition builder is probably too limited for my needs and I'll have to perform these more detailed checks in script.

I'm sure this is possible to do in script (or via some other method) but atm I'm a little stumped. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Many thanks,
Neil
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
Androns
Level 4

Hi Wallker!

you could do a system search for a specific file or registry entry to lookup installed soft. and you can add as meny conditions to components as you like :cool:
0 Kudos