cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SnAzBaZ
Level 3

ProgramFiles64Folder- InstallShield Express 2010

I am trying to create an x64 installer for a x64 application. I have set my INSTALLDIR to:

[ProgramFiles64Folder]\Company\Product

I can now see that all my files are listed under ProgramFiles64Folder in the "Files" list. However when I then execute the compiled installer on an x64 machine, the "Ready to Install" window shows the Destination Folder as "Program Files (x86)" and not "Program Files" as I would expect.

Does InstallShield Express 2010 not support 64bit installers ?

Thanks!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Windows Installer will only use 64-bit folders if the Template Summary of the Summary Information Stream is set to, e.g., x64;1033. You can set this in the General Information view.
0 Kudos
SnAzBaZ
Level 3

MichaelU wrote:
Windows Installer will only use 64-bit folders if the Template Summary of the Summary Information Stream is set to, e.g., x64;1033. You can set this in the General Information view.

Michael,

Thanks for the reply. Can you explain how I access the "Template Summary of the Summary Information Stream in the General Information view" from InstallShield 2010 EXPRESS edition.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Oh, sorry, my mistake (I missed which forum I was reading). The Express edition of InstallShield doesn't support creating 64-bit installations. While you can edit this with other tools (which we do not support), the InstallShield way of support 64-bit installations requires the Professional or Premier edition.
0 Kudos
SnAzBaZ
Level 3

MichaelU wrote:
Oh, sorry, my mistake (I missed which forum I was reading). The Express edition of InstallShield doesn't support creating 64-bit installations. While you can edit this with other tools (which we do not support), the InstallShield way of support 64-bit installations requires the Professional or Premier edition.

Thanks. That is disappointing to hear that you cannot support basic file copy to a Program Files folder within your expensive installation tool. Oh well, will have to see what the competition can do, and check into a potential "miss selling" case.
0 Kudos