cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DPulaski
Level 3

Program not showing up in Add/Remove Programs for all users

I have a puzzling problem with my product installation in the Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs view:

When I run the installer silently using syntax like

setup.exe /S /V"/Lvx* install.log /qn ...

The program only appears in the Add or Remove Programs view for the user that performed the install. Even other Administrator users cannot see the program in Add or Remove Programs.

This is a problem for customers who use a special admin account to perform silent administrative installation of the product, because then the application cannot be uninstalled from Add or Remove Programs by another user Admin account.

I did notice that this only happens when the installer is run silently. If it run interactively with a simple doubleclick on the setup.exe, the application can be see in Add or Remove Programs by both administrative user accounts.

What could possibly be causing this behavior in Add or Remove Programs for silent installs?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

Is the ALLUSERS property set to 1 in the log that was created? If not, please try adding ALLUSERS in the Property Manager in your project and set its value to 1. Then rebuild and test the setup again.
0 Kudos